Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What does sport mean to me?

Hi!

It is no surprise that sport has recently become very popular. Many of us on the way to or from work  can easily notice at least one person working out. Some people train recreationally, some want to increase their fitness level or muscle strength, while others want to prepare themselves for sports competitions. Seeing how people train make me very glad because no matter what their goal is, there’s one everyone has in common- it’s passion. Yes. Passion. It should become a passion in order not to be just a duty, something you feel you have to do. 

My beginnings with sport started with.. a heartbreak, and all the emotions I had to deal with. The first step was to cycle 6 kilometers, being my debut. It was an amazing and a fantastic feeling, despite the fact it was very hard, I felt something I hadn’t felt before. I discovered and awoke something hidden deep inside me for many years. Once, Galileo said: “You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him to find it in himself..”. Beginnings are not usually easy, and what’s more, we often tend to be just lazy and choose easy options. As I mentioned before, it was a heartbreak that motivated me for working out. I was crying into my beer, being constantly sad and depressed. However, I tried to change it. I began with one hour of exercises a day, during which all the emotions, work, a cell phone were left behind. At first, I was really struggling with myself, but after some period of time I felt so satisfied because I started feeling like nothing else matters.. Sport has and always will be an integral part of my life. I want to share with you with all the experience I’ve been gaining as it’s brought me to the moment at which I’m now. Since sport has become a part of my life I decided to become a personal trainer. 

The psychosocial assets, as well as our health, are extremely important. Health, especially for diabetics should be something that we care about. Finishing writing this post, I need to tell you something that I’m really proud of: since I began to exercise, the correct presence of a normal concentration of glucose in my blood is 80%, whereas the level of Hba1c (the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood from the last three months) is 6,5%. Also, the need of using insulin has diminished by 50%. 




How did you begin your adventure with sport?
 Or maybe you’re just about to do something with it? 

Feel free to leave a comment below.  



No comments :

Post a Comment